Monday, May 26, 2008

Ft Bragg to Gold Beach, Oregon

No Pictures today! I rode in the rain almost all day so the camera never came out.

I left Fort Bragg at about 8am and it took me 2 hours to go the first 45 miles. The roads were slick but blissfully free of fellow travelers. I finally got through the redwood area and it cleared enough that I could make some time. This part of California is really beautiful in a haunting sort of way. Lots of fog and mist hanging around giving just a glimpse here or there of what lay beyond. Very green for this desert boy!

I stopped in Crescent City, which is the last town in California before Oregon, for lunch and I can’t think of another reason to stop there. Lunch was good though and the coffee was hot. I went on to Gold beach and took a room for the night. People are pleasant here and make you feel wanted. It’s nice after the almost Appalachian like reception I got a little to the south. I have to do some design work here so I probably won’t leave until noon or so tomorrow then on to Canon beach (where that renowned film “Goonies” was made) Oh Boy!

BTW, when I do leave pictres, you should be about to click on them to see a large size. Thanks for all the comments. I like cookies too.....

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Hi Jay
I've been gone for a couple of days and just now had a minute to catch up on your journey. I'm really enjoying reading your blog and the pics are great.

But...Ok.... I'll admit it.... I'm jealous!!!!!

take care

vicki

Unknown said...

Hi Jay
I look forward to reading your blog every evening....sounds like you are enjoying youself...great pictures!
Be safe
toni