Thursday, June 12, 2008

6-12-08











I was still pretty sore all day today so I decided to take it light. Originally, my plan was to go to Watson Lake today but I cut it short by about 130 miles and stopped mid-afternoon at the Rocky Mountain Lodge at Muncho Lake. Great place with good food and a nice lodge.

The ride in was pretty, the sun was out and all was good in my little universe. I came across a few goats as I was passing over a mountain pass and they were not concerned with me in the least. I slowly maneuvered the bike around but I could have reached out and touched one of them I was so close. This was fun.

I got to the lodge about 3pm and took a nap. I was dreaming about Wiener schnitzel when a busload of travelers came in and took over the restaurant. I had to wait until 9 to get fed but it was worth it all. Delicious, served with a nice crisp white wine! My tummy full and content, I went to sleep to be awakened by thunder and lightning heralding in yet another wet day on the road.

2 comments:

Bob Galvin said...

Good decision turning around at the Arctic Circle. I can imagine that road is no fun and down right dangerous on a bike.

Safe travels. When you get down to Banff and Lake Louise be sure to go over to Moraine Lake. Julie & I stayed the night there and it is amazingly beautiful.

The view is the back of the Canadian dollar bill.

Bob

Richard Parrish said...

I'm thankful you were not hurt, or your bike messed up too bad. The photos are nice, and I'm sure that when the sun comes out, it is a beautiful place.
On your return home, if you're heading south and go through Radium Hot Springs, your muscles will appreciate the soak.
Be safe, and enjoy.

Richard